When a patient is missing one or multiple teeth, one option for replacement is a dental bridge (or bridge work). A dental bridges can replace one or multiple teeth and can be made of many different materials dependent on location, esthetic needs and functional needs.
Properly designed dental Bridges work can:
- Restore your smile
- Restore your ability to properly chew and speak
- Maintain the shape of your face
- Distribute the forces in your bite properly by replacing missing teeth
- Prevent remaining teeth from drifting out of position
What are Dental Bridges?
Dental bridges literally “bridge the gap” between one or more missing teeth. A dental bridge consists of:
- two crowns, one for each of the teeth on either side of the gap,
- and a false tooth/teeth in-between your two natural teeth or dental implants.
These false teeth are made from ceramic and are supported by your natural teeth (or implants).